Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Alma




As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.


I was thinking today about a spinster cousin of mine named Alma. In my part of the world, Alma was the daughter, of a cousin, of a cousin, of my great grandfather, making me three times removed in being her cousin, but she knew exactly who I was, even if we were I think 50 years difference in age.

Her dad was the richest man in that part of the state, but you would never have known it, nor would you know that Alma was worth a fortune. Her being the last child home, she was on the home place by right, and took care of herself until some bad things happened.

She was trusting woman, and another distant relative, along with his carpenter partner began building things for Alma...they did a great deal of fixing things there, and the next thing I knew is this other fellow had purchased her place.

It was fortunate that we have very nosey neighbors in one of the nosiest decided to check on Alma, and found her an invalid in bed laying in her own excrement. She was saved out of that, and then the interesting things started happening in her neice who had some money with her husband, sent in the lawyers, and the next thing the world knew is the place was back in Alma's possession and eventually was purchased by a great grand nephew who now lives on the place.

That sort of reversal of fortune did no sit well with the family who did the deed, and while they threatened and mocked, they just were stuck with being outed as scum. Not so odd, that this family had a history of cheating drunken Indians out of their lands too.

The reason I was contemplating things is that partner of my cousin, who my Beloved Uncle did give them both hell for knowing better than that, was diagnosed last year with Parkinsons, MS, MD or some cursed disease, and I am sitting here smiling.
What really could be better than for a recreational dope head, who tried to murder by neglect Alma, have for a dead reckoning than to be cut down in the prime of his life, in a disease without cure, where he will be pissing and shitting on himself as he chokes on his own spit.

Alma was not in dire straits that long, but this fellow is goign to be jerking around for years, just watching the world go by without him. Sure he will be on disability getting the bucks and his wife, who is another one of those distant relatives, I have written off, who should die some like death, has some money as a real estate shark, but ......ain't that a pisser to have what comes around, go around.

I heard his Mum is going daff as a hatter, and his bully uncle is now crippled up and not such the bully any more.
Come to think of it his brother cheated me in a deal with a pick up truck. I can only hope that something is coming for that too.

Then again, his other brother is a preacher who took money from everyone in a sob cancer story to become a clergy man, and has not been heard from after graduating......things just must run in that family. I only hope that while they are running that God gives them all a short jerk on that long cord.

That though is dear Alma in the way things are. Reckoning took a good long while, but at least I remember the story, and I am enjoying the idea of this immensely, as much as telling it to remind that there is a God, and that God avenges both the living and the dead.

Nothing like a curse of Parkinson's disease to cover yourself with body functions best left inside as retribution from God.
Thank God, He is Just and Thorough. Thank God for that.


agtG